Building BAGA By-laws
|Contents of this section:
- Important Dates for Bylaws
- Ad-Hoc Bylaws Subcommittee
- By-laws Construction Process
- Input from the community
- Bylaws Meeting minutes
|Important Dates for Bylaws:
- Nov 27, 2006 (Mon) - Subcommittee meeting
- Nov 30, 2006 (Thu) - Subcommittee meeting on by-laws, operation guide.
- Dec 4, 2006 (Mon) - Completed bylaws sent for AHC approval, post on web, discuss EC in AHC, Call for EC volunteers via email.
- Dec 7, 2006 (Thu) – Send completed bylaws to community, solicit feedback.
- Dec 10, 2006 (Sun) – Subcommittee meeting on bylaws, operation guide. Last date for EC volunteers.
- Dec 11, 2006 (Mon) – Last date to send bylaws feedback to the AHC, EC formed, bylaws handed over via email.
- Dec 13, 2006 (Wed) - Send email with Bylaws done, EC announces election, Voter list started
- Dec 16, 2006 (Sat) - Announce in Bijoy Dibosh, Voter registration drive.
- Dec 30, 2006 (Sat) – Tentative voter list prepared for EC.
- Jan 6, 2007 (Sat) - Nomination submission last date
- Jan 13, 2007 (Sat) - Nomination withdrawal last date, Announce final candidates.
- Jan 27, 2007 (Sat) - BOD Election and by-laws referendum.
- Feb 6, 2006 (Sat) - BAGA BOD unanimously approves the by-laws.
|Ad-Hoc Bylaws Subcommittee:
Lead: Rabiul Islam
Members: Afsar Zaman Kochi, Firoza Talukdar MD, Galib Hassan, Nasim Uddin, Rashed Tanvir Islam, Syed Rezaur Rahman Rana, Mithu Rahman (Ad-Hoc Coordinator).
Invited Community By-laws Experts: Jubayer Ahmed Biju, Shams Siddiqi, Tahsin Asker.
|By-laws Construction Process:
The following process is followed in constructing the by-laws:
Step 1: Ad-Hoc Committee assigns its Bylaws Subcommittee to lead the Bylaws authoring efforts.
Step 2: Bylaws Subcommittee Community open forum.
Step 3: Bylaws Subcommittee:
- Subcommittee collected reference Bylaws from Subcommittee members as well as solicited reference Bylaws in the Open forum.
- The Subcommittee searched for Bylaws references that support the BOD structure. Following are the bylaws that are being used as references to author the BAGA bylaws:
- Open forums are scheduled no later than 45 days.
- Community discusses the articles at hand with AHC and Bylaws Subcommittee members.
- Community suggestions/concerns/issues for articles at hand are taken into consideration in reviewing or authoring articles.
- When needed, voting among the Ad-hoc Committee members may be done at Open forums.
Step 4: Repeat Step 2 and 3.
- Bylaws Subcommittee Meeting attendees are subcommittee members and invited select Bylaws Community Experts.
- Each subcommittee member is assigned with a specific Article to research using the Bylaws references.
- Community Experts assist each member interpret the references and understand the BAGA community needs in Bylaws.
- Each member in consultation with Community Expert brings recommendation for the assigned Article to the Subcommittee Meeting.
- Subcommittee members discuss and define in the meeting to prepare a draft Article for community review in the open forum.
- Subcommittee sends Meeting Minutes to Ad-Hoc Committee only.
- Updates and Publishes draft bylaws defined by the Subcommittee on bagatx.org based on progress.
- Solicits inputs on published bylaws from the community.
Step 5: Send it to Ad-Hoc Committee for approval (simple majority)
|Input from the community:
Join regular open discussions by the community members on By-Laws:
Click here to BAGA Discussion Forum
|Bylaws Meeting minutes:
Last Updated: February 12, 2007.
Please send comments to